Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Tennis Score: 6-7(8-6), 7-6(7-3) - Clay

On clay and with decent conditions, it was a good day to play tennis today. The first as usual full of breaks - my partner with the advantage of having a hold. He was serving for the set at 5-3. As expected, I broke and then somehow managed to hold for a 5-5. In the next game, even though I had a few set points, I squandered them and had to hold again. I managed to do that to take the set to a tiebreaker. After nine points, I found myself having three set points 6-3, but relaxed and the folly was immediately reflected in the score which read 6-6. Finally my partner took the two next points to win the tiebreaker 8-6.

The second set was a similar story with my partner reeling off one forehand winner after another to find himself at 5-3. So a change in strategy of hitting exclusively to the backhand was required. After this change, I started winning some points and then some games to even the set at 5-5 and even lead 6-5. But he won the next game to take the set to a tiebreaker. This tiebreaker also followed in a similar vein to the first one in that I found myself at 6-3. This time I intended not to make the same mistake as in the first and focused harder to finish off the set to win it - 7-3.

Time played: 2 hours.

No comments: