Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tennis Score: 4-6, 6-3, 4-6 - Clay

A full match after a long time. Playing on clay, under the blazing sun, with relatively old tennis balls, and moderately windy conditions, produced a tennis match where long rallies were the norm. 29 long games with an average of at least 15 shots a point has left me exhausted.

The first set was a close one with my partner being up 5-4 and me serving to stay in the set. As expected, I served really poorly and lost the game pretty easily.

In the second set, I was up 5-3 and had to serve for the set. Surprisingly, I managed to hold and win the set.

In the third set, I started really well and was up 2-0 very quickly. But I lost the next 4 games to be down 2-4. I fought hard and had to put in a great deal to get even at 4-4. But then lost the next two games to loose the set and the match.

It is a shame that I had to loose, but it was great to play a full match after such a long time.

Things to improve: Serve, especially in the third set. Stop running around the backhand so much.

Time: 2 hours and 20 mins.

No comments: