Monday, September 24, 2007

Tennis Score: 4-6, 6-2, 6-10 (Tiebreak) : Clay

Excuses: Very Windy, Wet and slippery court, Playing after a break.

The first set was the normal one, where we traded breaks and holds until 4-4. Instead of me making the move, it was my partner who went up 5-4. At this time, it almost felt inevitable that I would lose the next game to lose the set.

The next set was also very predictable. Either my partner's level dropped or mine went up or a bit of both happened simultaneously. Either way, the set was won 6-2.

Since we finished the two sets so quickly, about an hour and ten minutes, we decided to play a "champions tiebreak", a silly thing that is supposed to replace a set. In this, instead of the tiebreak being for seven, we play until a player reaches ten. In any case, my incompetence in negotiating tiebreaks meant that even before a point was played, I had almost resigned to the fact that I was going to lose it.

The autumn has set in in Swansea. Autumn, the wettest time in the wettest city in UK, is not a good time for tennis. The last week, we could only play two times because of the rain. Here's hoping that this week would be better for tennis than last week.

No comments: